Friday, November 16, 2007

Let Us Pray

Before I start this let me say that I'm not a religious person, an atheist with occasional leanings towards agnostic.

I took Callum into school one day last week and his teaching assistant was late, usually when that happens I stay in the classroom with him while all the other kids go to assembly. Well on this day Callum was in top form, hung his coat up, sat on the carpet without being asked and when they all lined up for assembly he did to. So the teacher and I decided to run with it and I said I'd wait outside the hall to intervene if he got antsy.

It's been many many years since I watched a primary (elementary) school assembly and I was surprised to hear them sing a hymn and then all bow their heads in prayer. There are all the kids with their eyes closed and heads bowed and what does Callum do....

He snores

Loudly

That's my boy!

1 comment:

Mima said...

Brilliant, go Callum. When I saw the title of your post I was really worried that you had received bad news, so good to hear that in fact things are going well!