Wednesday, October 26, 2005

How could I say No

Callum : splash, splash in the bath points to the shelf and makes a little grunt

Mummy : What do you want?

Callum : Bee Bee (Big Bird) and points to the bottle of Sesame Street bubble bath

Mummy : You want Big Bird?

Callum : Big nod of the head says "yeah"

Mummy : No no, no bubbles tonight

Callum : looks at me with big puppy dog eyes and signs a big "PLEASE"

Mummy : melts into a little puddle on the floor and hands over requested bottle of bubbles, how could I have said no.

We've been working on the sign for "please" for a while but this is the first time he's used it without prompting in the right kind of context.

4 comments:

Tom P. said...

Now that he knows that "please" works, expect to see it a lot more. Trust me on that one! ;-)

Lori said...

The first sign Evan used was the one for "bubbles". I believe the one for "video tape" was second! (It was the late 80's!No CD-ROM's then.) Bubbles are a wonderful reward.
Also, wonderful news about your rising star! The pic on the K.U. site is beautiful.

Naomi said...

Well I can update that "Please" has now been used with cookies, The Lion King & crackers. Didn't take long for that to catch on :-)

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! » » »